A New Ordinance Affecting ALL SLO County Businesses and Non-Profits Using Polystyrene Begins April 9, 2021
- Food and beverage providers
- Non-profits, churches and clubs
- Stores and businesses which sell/offer goods, services, or merchandise utilizing “to-go” or “dine-in” food and beverage containers
- Contractors and event promoters who use “to-go” or “dine-in” food and beverage containers
Prohibited Materials Include:
- Clamshells, bowls, plates, utensils, trays, wrappers, platters, condiment containers, cartons, cups, drinkware, ice chests, shipping boxes, packing peanuts, straws, non-encapsulated marine devices or other packaging materials.
Accepted Materials Include:
- Undue hardship, affordability, public health, safety, medical*
*Businesses must provide documentation and file for an exemption.
Questions: Contact the San Luis Obispo IWMA Office
(805) 782-8530 Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm