Skip to main content
Join our mailing list
Marine debris has become a global issue, affecting our oceans, marine life, and human health.
- What is marine debris? Find out here.
- Understanding, Preventing and Mitigating the Significant Impacts on Marine and Coastal BioDiversity – A Technical Series from the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
- Watch this Instagram video by @albatross_coalition
- A scuba diver found a bicycle in the ocean near Grand Cayman, read more from National Geographic here.
- Ever wonder how marine life snacks on our trash? Find out here.
- According to NOAA Fisheries, more than 100,000 marine animals die each year from commercial fisheries entanglement.
- From interfering with food webs, ghost fishing, and transferring toxins up the food chain, marine debris significantly interferes with the ecosystem and human health. Read more here.
- Learn how currents carry marine debris to the Hawaiian Islands.
- In Episode 65 of Nothing Wasted! Podcast, Susan Ruffo, executive director of The Circulate Initiative, talks about Ocean Plastic Solutions from Cities, Brands & Waste Collectors.