Are you eager to make a positive impact on the environment through efforts at home, school, work or in the community? Serving as an ambassador for Mother Earth is simple to do!
Take on a leadership role with these ideas:
- Join the repair movement! Come to a local repair café in Grover Beach to learn how to repair and reuse things instead of tossing them.
- Adopt-A-Road! Keeping our roadsides clean helps to prevent potential pollutants from entering our waterways. Individuals, organizations, businesses, and service groups may adopt sections of County-maintained roadside. Learn more about the County of San Luis Obispo’s Adopt-A-Road program.
- Sign up for a beach or creek cleanup day. Find local environmental events here.
- Stop food waste. Check out ReFED for ways to get involved.
- Organize a bike to work day.
- Get involved with an environmental campaign. Peruse various causes at Earth Day Network and pledge your support for any and all that spark your interest.
- Spend 40 hours a week saving the planet and get paid for it. Find jobs at EcoJobs.com, GreenJobs.org, or EnvironmentalCareer.com.
- Spearhead a neighborhood yard sale to promote reuse.
- Add globally recognized environmental days to your calendar and celebrate with Zero Waste events. See Global Stewards’ Calendar of Global Environmental Events.